Last week we did a major book purge. We donated three office-size boxes of fiction, literature and Christian material to the Providence library. It still feels like we didn’t put a dent in the books we have, but it was nevertheless good to clear some stuff out.
As we were cleaning, I came across a number of books hidden behind some other books. So here’s a possible alternate summer reading list. It is themed around the prairies/great plains. It would include:
- Wallace Stegner, Wolf Willow
- Ian Frazier, The Great Plains
- Candace Savage, Prairie: A Natural History
- Norman Henderson, Rediscovering the Prairies: Journeys by Dog, Horse and Canoe
- Maybe re-read W.O. Mitchell’s Who Has Seen the Wind
This probably won’t happen, but I hope to read them all soon. Maybe I should save them for the cold winter months and savour the images of the warm winds of the prairie summer.
After I posted my initial reading list, I almost immediately remembered a number of other books I intended to read soon. Books are fun.